Monday, January 14, 2019

This and that

Every couple days he takes his skid steer and cleans out the barn, then he gets his tractor and manure spreader and goes out and spreads the manure. Then he feeds the animals and gives them water. He's a good farmer!



Showing off his sitting abilities (which he's still in the process of fine tuning) :)


I'm not exactly sure what's happening in this picture, but I think Timmy is trying to take the car that Jacob had in his mouth.

Timmy's been eating "real" food lately, and so far squash seems to be his favorite (and peas his least favorite). And with Timmy eating food, Jacob nearly always wants to have some, too. He likes it when Timmy gets a bite and then he gets a bite and they keep going back and forth until all the food is gone. Jacob is now eating foods he wouldn't touch last month, before Timmy entered the picture. :)


So...Jacob loves taking a bath - and hates having his hair washed. More than once he's gotten water in his eyes during the rinse, which is why he doesn't like it. So I decided to get one of those visor things, thinking he could wear it and then he wouldn't mind having his hair washed. It didn't quite work out that way. The first time I tried putting it on him in the tub (after we all played around with it for awhile and everyone took turns wearing it), he screamed like he was scared. That was a failure. So the next time I figured I'd let Timmy model it for him, show him that it's painless and not scary (good ol' Tim, he's a trooper!) :) I gave Jacob a bath right after Timmy and he still wouldn't let me put it on him and he cried when I tried to wash his hair. 
Anyone have advice for me?? What else could I try?

I guess the carpets needed to be vacuumed.



1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa Lavacot said...

Great commentary on the pictures! Matt and I find the boys so amusing! It's truly a blessing Jacob loves farm work. There is no better profession on earth.
As far as the shampooing goes, he will probably outgrow his apprehension.